Table of Contents:
- Making ICD 10 Work With Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Oxygen
Matthew Schweyer, CHT-A
- Bundled Payment & Impact on Wound Care: Bedside to Curbside
Matthew Schweyer, CHT-A
- Merit Based Incentive Payment System & the Future of US HBOT Reimbursement
Caroline Fife, MD; Helen Gelly, MD, Marc Robins, DO, MPH
- Missing Puzzle Pieces in HBO Clinical Documentation
- Panel: Coding and Reimbursement in the ICD-10 Era
Marc Robins, DO, MPH; Helen Gelly, MD, FUHM, FCCWS, FACHM; Randall Cook, MD, FACS, UHM; Stephanie Williams
- Show the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10
- Provide resources for attendees to navigate to and make their journey easier
- Discuss different governmental audits
- Provide examples of audit tools
- Understand common terms related to value based health care
- Appreciate why our current model cannot sustain itself
- Insight to value based health care and what direction wound care may embrace
- Understand what Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and its impact on hyperbaric medicine
- Participants will be able to identify CMS driven reviews that impact payment
- Participants will understand the importance of quality reporting for reimbursement
- Emphasize the need to build a more accurate patient’s medical story with cohesiveness of clinical documentation details in the medical record
- Recognize the complexity assigning ICD-10- CM codes
- Identify what the key source is to support medical necessity for HBO2 therapy
- Understand rationale for EHR requirements as it applies to reimbursement from CMS
- Understand impact of severity of illness scoring on reimbursement
- Learn how to know if your EMR captures and reports assessment data critical to reimbursement
Regular UHMS Member: $105
Associate UHMS Member: $75
The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physician.
All faculty members and planners participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by UHMS are expected to disclose to the participants any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. Full disclosure of faculty and planner relevant financial relationships will be made at the activity.
The Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Nursing/RRT: This enduring material is approved for 6 contact hours provided by Florida Board of Registered Nursing/RRT Provider #50-10881.
For NBDHMT: This enduring material is approved for 6 Category A credit hours by National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology, 9 Medical Park, Suite 330, Columbia, South Carolina 29203
Termination Date: November 30, 2020
The information provided by this CME material is for Continuing Medical Education purposes only. The lecture content, statements or opinions expressed however, do not necessarily represent those of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), its affiliates or its employees.
For over 40 years the UHMS has been the primary source of information for hyperbaric medicine and physiology worldwide. This enduring material has as its goal to address identified professional practice gaps and provide a quality CME opportunity which will improve scientific knowledge and skills for hyperbaric and wound care: physicians, nurses and technicians, and other clinicians and personnel whose practice includes hyperbaric medicine and wound care.
Target Audience – Included in the “goal”
The following individuals in control of content have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose:
- Matthew Schweyer, CHT-A (Faculty Member)
- Helen Gelly, MD, FUHM, FCCWS, FACHM (Faculty Member)
- Randall Cook, MD, FACS, UHM (Faculty Member)
- Gretchen Dixon (Faculty Member)
- Stephanie Williams (Faculty Member)
- Stacy Harmon, CME Coordinator (Planner)
- Heather Murphy-LaVoie, UHMS Education Committee Chair (Planner)
- Ian Grover, MD (Education Committee Reviewer)
- Joanne Feldman, MD (Education Committee Reviewer)
- William Butler, MD (Education Committee Reviewer)
The following individuals in control of content have relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose:
- Caroline Fife, MD (Faculty Member) Employment/Stock/Investment for Intellicure, Inc CMO and shareholder
- Marc Robins, DO, MPH (Faculty Member) Consultant/Speaker Bureaus Acelity
The content has been reviewed and is free of commercial bias. Any relevant relationships noted have been resolved prior to the start of the activity.
Computer with internet connection and a modern, updated browser
Note: If using IE 6, IE 7, or IE 8 we cannot guarantee that the courses will work.
Audio speakers to listen to the lectures
Keyboard to take the quizzes
This enduring material event is produced for online use, and was created using the following platforms:
Video format: MP4 video; High Definition; hosted on Vimeo.com
Aspect Ratio: frame width 1280p x height 720p
Audio: Sample Rate 48k Hz; Bit rate 189 kbps; Channels 2 (stereo)
Frames per second: 29 frames per second
Provider Contact Information
If at any time during participation in this online CME enduring material event, a learner can contact UHMS, by clicking on Contact Us tab located on the far right-hand side of the main menu bar found at the top of the screen, or use the live chat available in the lower right corner of every web page. Also, the contact phone number and email address (hotlink) is always displayed on the top center of the screen, under the main menu bar.
Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS)
631 U.S. Highway 1, Suite 307
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
Phone: +1-919- 490-5140/877- 533-8467
Fax: +1-919- 490-5140
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality. It is the policy of the UHMS not to release any participants' name or contact information. As a registered member of UHMS, the organization will occasionally send out electronic correspondence relating to continuing educational events.
Copyright. For the purposes of this enduring material event, UHMS owns the rights to the recorded live event and distribution rights for the video material and write/copy-protected presentations. UHMS will NOT be distributing the individual editable presentations in PowerPoint format as it does not own the rights to the source material for the individual presentations.